Monday, February 28, 2011

Charlie Sheen, pay raises and Gadafi

There are so many pampered, spoiled rotten baseball and basketball stars with gigantic egos that it is almost accepted in our culture.  This behavior spills out to most sports (see the tiger stories), politics and to movie and television stars, which brings us to the Charlie Sheen drama of late!  He is demanding a pay raise to $3 mllion per episode for his role in the “Two and Half Men,” television show, before he comes back to the set. Yeah, it’s a funny show that I watch on rare occasion but is anybody worth that much? He is already the highest paid actor on television now at $2 million per show. His show brings in so much cash for CBS that they are willing to over-look his recent past of eccentric behavior.

This pattern has gotten him into trouble with the law in Colorado, and New York City and it revolves around his drinking and dope excesses. plus his harem. It's kinda crazy, the press attacked Tiger for having a woman in every port, but with Charlie it's a non-issue or so it seems. In a recent interview: “He claimed he has conquered his own drug and alcohol problems by the sheer force of his will: “I closed my eyes and made it so.” Didn’t I say he was a funny guy?  99 1/2% of the people don’t have that kind of power! He continued with “he has nothing in common with addicts and alcoholics, who he says lack his strength of character, describing them as “fools, trolls, weak, defeated. They allowed defeat to be an option. I will not.” Lindsay Lohan doesn't have the market cornered on self-destruction, she needs to move her low-cut, tight-fitting, white dress over and make room for Charlie Sheen.

His gigantic ego is highlighted with these remarks: “I’m tired of pretending like I’m not special,” Sheen continued. “I’m tired of pretending like I’m not bitching, a total fricking rock star from Mars, and people can’t figure me out; they can’t process me. I don’t expect them to. You can’t process me with a normal brain.” All of you autograph hounds better get out there and get his signature on anything because according to him, it will be worth a mint someday!

He sounds a lot like the delusional Moammar Gadafi of Libya who said today he is not stepping down, proclaiming in a media interview: "My people love me. They would die for me." He says this with his country in political shambles. The end of the road is near for both these jokers. With Sheen, we can get by without him if he goes down in a blaze of glory and it won’t cost us anything.  And looking into that round fuzzy crystal ball, once his bank-roll is depleted, see how long one of those pretty women will stay with him.  But with Gadafi, on the other hand, the gas pumps are going to blow before too long. I think it’s the big companies capitalizing and taking advantage of the consumer again and blaming the geopolitical unrest in the Middle East and gouging the hell out of us at the pumps. So, right or wrong, we will pay for his crazy-ass behavior.

And getting back to Sheen’s raise, he told CBS to “take or leave it,” because he is underpaid now. What is funnier yet is that he is saying “look at what you put me through.” The guy has the victim’s role down pat for sure. He thinks CBS owes him an apology “while licking my feet.” Do you think this guy is hanging on the edge?  We already know Gadafi is!

No comments:

Post a Comment