Monday, November 1, 2010

Camping 2010

Here is a picture of me, Juana and Voncile at a camp, an Indian encampment, last Sunday morning.  Mary LeClere and her hiker bunch were camping overnight and Pat ko shuk stayed with Eddie Joe.  We went over early to bring some bacon and eggs for the breakfast and if we looked cold, we were. In this picture, we were sitting there looking at the bacon and tators cooking and generally slobbering waiting -I was anyway .  It was the best breakfast we’ve had in recent memory, even better than the good ones we’ve grown accustomed to at home.  Ain't nothing like the real thing!  There had to be over 25 campers and I told them that they were tough Indians to camp all night in the cold.  Of course, I'm getting too old to stay out there all night, but my 10 year old grandson can take it and did.  He prayed for the breakfast when it was done in our language.  This group has been taking five mile hikes the last two weekends but not this time.  I guess there was way too much breakfast consumed (Picture by Eddie Joe Mitchell).

No comments:

Post a Comment