Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A 9-year old Potawatomi boy

This is my grandson Pat ko shuk.  He is my partner or maybe my shadow.  He is always with me and his grandmother and the only time he gets away is when he goes to his Aunties to play those games or to swim at the Boys and Girls Club.  Somebody said if you colored his hair grey and put on a mustache on him, he would look like me.  I enjoyed hearing that.  Isn't that what it's all about?  In life, you want your likeness to go on in your children and grandchildren, right?  You hope and pray your children and grandchildren don't have to go through the same hard times, and make the same mistakes we made and I guess they are all works in progress, works that we have some conrol in the making.
Well anyway, I reckon he'll be my best friend until the day he discovers girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment