Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A dog named Coda

Let me tell you a story about a dog named Coda. He moved in a few months back. My granddaughter Tara bought him as a pup. He will be one year old in November. Coda ain't no little dog, he is a Siberian Husky. She couldn't handle him in a apartment as he start getting bigger, then she ran off and got married and moved to California. She said "Misho, can Coda live with you." I told her, "so you want me to raise him as my own." Of course, I always gave Tara her way and said he could move into my backyard.

Since then my wife has gotten real attached to him. She talks to him like a little kid and makes sure he has all the good snacks. Lately I've been taking him to our park, about a mile and a half away. We've walked 28 days out of the last 31. It's good for him and good for me. One time, these two women drove thru and seen us and said, "pretty." I'm sure they were talking about Coda.

Other times, he will chase the buffalo and the cows, but I just need to be more observant. I feel much better and the stress levels have gone down, but the funny thing is that I haven't lost an pound. Oh well it's still good. Oh, I have developed a real attachment to him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment